Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ranch Chicken Pizza

I use Crystal's pizza crust recipe.

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
oil
envelope of chicken oxo
seasoning salt
garlic powder
worchestershire sauce
soya sauce
some chopped peppers
1 chopped onion
chopped mushrooms
ranch dressing
mozza cheese

Put a small bit of oil in the frying pan. Chop the chicken breast into small cubes. Throw in frying pan with oil. Sprinkle with oxo, seasoning salt, garlic powder, worchestershire sauce, soya sauce. Fry until the chicken is cooked. A chopped onion can also be fried with it. Because DD doesn't like onion, I cook the onion separate with a little soya sauce.
Spread pizza dough on pizza pan. Spread ranch dressing on top of dough, as much or as little as you want. I used a fair bit because DD loves ranch. Sprinkle cooked chicken and onions on top, I just put the onions on half of it. Sprinkle peppers and mushrooms on top, I only put the mushrooms on half, once again because of DD. I like to use just a small bit of each kind of pepper - green, red, yellow and orange. Top with grated cheese. Cook in 425 oven for about 15 minutes. Yummy!

We tried this for the first time tonight and we loved it! It was partially inspired by this Buffalo Wing Pizza recipe. Knowing how much DD loves ranch dressing I thought it would be worth a try but I didn't like the idea of using chicken nuggets, blue cheese dressing or hot sauce. I went searching for other pizza recipes using ranch dressing and found this Veggie Ranch Pizza recipe. I was impressed with all the positive feedback for the recipe but I didn't like the idea of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower on a pizza. I decided to take what I liked, add what I wanted and make my own recipe. This is what I came up with and it was a big hit! We will definitely have it again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting! My kids love ranch dressing :-) What was the crust like?? I'll have to try it if it's any good. LOL

BTW, the word verification is TOUGH! Letters all squished together

Jacqueline said...

Hey Carla!

The crust is delicious! You really should try it.

Is there anything I can do about the word verification?

Unknown said...

I'm not sure. I've been noticing it on all the blogger blogs lately.

Gonna try the crust! Thanks!