Monday, May 26, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - May 26th

First of a review of last weeks' meals, which ended up being quite different from what I had planned here.

The Russian Chicken stir fry is always a hit, and I need to remember to post the recipe. It's really quite easy. I'll try to remember to link the recipe here when I post it.

We did have fish on Wednesday but instead of doing it in the oven we borrowed a deep fryer and had deep fried fish and fries with Mom's famous sauce. I'll try to remember to post and link recipes for those too.
Thursday we had meatballs and rice. Once again a family favorite and I need to remember to post the recipe for the meatballs.

Last week at Dewey's Treehouse I read about a fast and easy Mac and Cheese recipe that I decided to try out. DD loves Mac and Cheese but I seldom make it because it's so much work and takes so many pots. I was hoping this was going to mean she could have it more often. Well, it was not a hit! It was more like KD than our homemade Mac and Cheese and DD was terribly disappointed. I did add some steak sauce and mustard to the recipe hoping to make it taste more like our but it didn't work. After we ate what we wanted for supper I ended up experimenting a bit to see if I could save the day. I put the leftovers in a casserole dish, topped it with crushed crackers, grated cheese, parmasan cheese, and paprika and put it in the oven for about 45 minutes. DD ate this the next day and said it was much better, so I may try the recipe again and make a few adjustments. We'll see.

Saturday I made BBQ chicken pizza and it was yummy!

Sunday I made fast and easy Chicken and gravy, which I have to post a recipe for, and deep fried fries and onion rings, as we still had the deep fryer we had borrowed.

Sooooo...very different from the plan for last week. Oh well. Such is life. :) Look like I have my work cut out for me posting all the recipes too. Hope I remember to do that.

On to possibilities for this week. :) Today is over and done with. We had left overs. For the rest of the week I'm just going to make a list of possibilities without assigning days to them

Tacos
BBQ Pork Chops, baked potatoes, caesar salad
Chicken Nachos
Goulash
Shake 'n'Bake Chicken, mashed potatoes
Traditional Sunday cooked dinner


I wonder how much this menu will change. :)

No comments: